Hours of Operation:
- Mondays and Thursdays 10 a.m. – Noon (closed on major holidays)
- All zip codes in Virginia are served.
The Food Pantry** obtains most of its food from the Feeding America Southwest Virginia Food Bank. Part of what we receive is USDA food which comes at no charge. Because we receive a large percentage of food through the USDA food program, we must operate by rules and regulations which they have implemented. This involves completing required forms for all clients in order to qualify them for USDA food. We are permitted to serve each client once per month.
The funds to purchase food comes from the donations of church members and friends. We have a roster of over 50 volunteers who work at least once per month in various capacities. We also provide an adjacent Prayer Room that is staffed with volunteers who pray for and with the clients at their request.
Each December the church sponsors a Community Christmas Party for the participants in the Food Pantry. Breakfast is served, food boxes are distributed and a Christmas program is presented by our Children’s Choir.
- Last year we served over 1,738 families
- These families consisted of over 5,938 persons
- Nearly 2,809 bags of food were distributed
- 72,000 pounds of food was obtained from the Food Bank
How You Can Help?
- Participate when we have special Food Drives.
- Make a financial donation.
- Pray for the Food Pantry and those clients who share prayer requests with us.
- Help us find partners such as other churches, institutions, individuals,or businesses.
- Volunteer as a client service representative, food bagger, prayer partner or food transporter.
Contact us for more information and to learn how you can get involved!
**This institution is an equal opportunity provider.**